Now Available: Collectible Lionel Classics!
DVDs & Videos
MR Video Plus
MR Video Plus
Rail Yards – seven decades of yard stories. 16 articles, 110 pages
Add to Cart
Add to Wish List
has been added to your cart.
An unexpected error has occurred and we are unable to process your request at this time.
Yards, big and small, have been the subject of Trains stories for years. Learn more about freight-switching yards from coast to coast in this TRAINS Express PDF package. Here’s the line-up of stories from the Trains magazine archive:
- “Potomac Yard, Va.” By Trains staff, Pages 22-25, November 1940
- “Car Retarders” By Trains staff, Page 25, March 1943
- “C&NW’s Proviso Yard,” By Trains staff, Pages 6-9, October 1944
- “Switching at West Oakland” By Norman B. Lindsay, Pages 58-59, April 1947
- “Cedar Hill Yard: Planned for Efficiency” By E.R. Meaker, Pages 12-15, October 1948
- “Three and a Flock of Singles” By Wallace W. Abbey, Pages 10-13, September 1950
- “He Said to Clean Up the Yard!” By Wallace W. Abbey, Pages 50-55, June 1953
- “12,000 Cars a Day” By Philip R. Hastings, Pages 22-27, September 1953
- “Look, Ma, No Hands!” By David P. Morgan, Pages 57-59, April 1956
- “Unretarded Progress” By Jerry A. Pinkepank, Pages 18-27, January 1963
- “Buffalo Terminal” By Ken Kraemer and Devan Lawton, Cover, pages 29-43, February 1976
- “Pomona Yard: 8:40 a.m.-5:35 p.m.” By Curt Tillotson Jr., Pages 49-53, March 1980
- “Farewell to Potomac Yard” By Robert S. Carper, Pages 30-39, May 1992
- “Everything’s Up to Date in Kansas City” By Harold L. Miller Jr., Cover, pages 40-45, June 2000
- “Railroading’s Hidden Half: The Yard, Part 1” By Edwin Kraft, Cover, pages 46-67, June 2002
- “Railroading’s Hidden Half: The Yard, Part 2” By Edwin Kraft, Pages 36-47, July 2002
(110 pages, 10 MB)
Moving Trash by Train
Grain and Railroads
Railroad Fact or Fiction, the Erie Railroad, and the First Transcontinental Railroad
SIGN UP FOR OUR FREE EMAIL NEWSLETTERS
© 2017 Kalmbach Publishing Co.
DVDS & Videos
About Kalmbach Publishing Co.