Now Available: Collectible Lionel Classics!
DVDs & Videos
MR Video Plus
MR Video Plus
Locomotive Shops – an inside look at steam and diesel locomotive shops. 13 articles, 77 pages
Add to Cart
Add to Wish List
has been added to your cart.
An unexpected error has occurred and we are unable to process your request at this time.
Locomotive shops play a key role in keeping America’s trains moving. This TRAINS Express PDF package looks at some of the most impressive shops across the land, from the home of big steam to mighty diesels. Our stories about shops shine a light into this rarely seen world of maintenance and repairs. Here’s the line-up of stories from the Trains magazine archive:
- “Altoona Works” By Tom Hanna, Pages 20-26, January 1946
- “Locomotive Squarehouse” By Great Northern Railway, Pages 48-50, October 1946
- “Keeping Them Rolling” By Henry J. McCord, Pages 20-29, November 1946
- “Wet Paint” By Industrial Tape Corp., Pages 48-51, April 1949
- “Hospital for Hoppers” By David P. Morgan, Pages 50-54, March 1956
- “Alco Antiques at Colonie” By David P. Morgan, Pages 46-47, May 1971
- “Milwaukee in Milwaukee” By Milwaukee Road, Pages 24-25, January 1974
- “D&H 853, 8 a.m. to 7:55 p.m., November 20, 1923” By George W. Hockaday, Pages 48-53, December 1974
- “Beneath the Twin Stacks of Rockhill Furnace” By Dan Fink, Cover, pages 22-33, January 1982
- “The Universal Backshop” By Eric Hirsimaki and John B. Corns, Pages 42-49, January 1988
- “Beech Grove” By Kevin P. Keefe, Cover, pages 28-35, October 1988
- “Shops in Twilight” By David Lustig, Page 27, April 1992
- “Beech Grove to the Rescue” By Bob Johnston, Pages 48-53, October 2010
(77 pages, 10.9 MB)
Locomotive Back Issue PDF
Shortlines and Regionals
Chicago Railroads Featured in July 2003 Issue
SIGN UP FOR OUR FREE EMAIL NEWSLETTERS
© 2017 Kalmbach Publishing Co.
DVDS & Videos
About Kalmbach Publishing Co.